Software Automation Engineer
A truly unique opportunity has arisen for a Software Automation Engineer to support our Development Teams by primarily automating data building and deployments and to improve our test coverage by writing functional acceptance test programs.
Who you are
You are a self driven, hands-on, technical professional with an inquisitive nature and a keen eye for detail. You have proven knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle and a understanding of coding, testing and debugging procedures.
This role may suit a programmer with a background in automated quality assurance testing as this role is more than just QA but also automating existing processes and writing internal applications too.
- Collaborating with developers and product owner.
- Contributing to planning and design.
- Reviewing product code.
- Data Scraping/Data Cleansing
- Writing internal tools, such as Wizards, small cli or gui for other programmers.
- Programming using Scala (which can be learnt on the job)
- Formulating test scenarios writing unit, acceptance and regression tests.
- Developing test automation frameworks.
- Automating test scenarios using the frameworks.
- Setting up the infrastructure to run tests:
- Running tests in CI/CD.
- Running tests in parallel.
- Running tests with the appropriate test data.
- Teaching others good quality and testing practices.
- Developing tools to assist manual and exploratory testing.
- Software Engineering and Software Testing experience.
- Any JVM language.
- Working knowledge of Unix Shell Scripting.
It’s a Bonus if:
- You have experience using Scala.
- You have an understanding or working knowledge of Functional programming.
If you think you’ve got what it takes to be part of our talented team, we would love to hear from you. Applications should include a CV and covering letter.